Thursday, July 17, 2014

Project GLOWWORM

The weather has been unseasonably pleasant the last three days. The best part of that temperance has been, well, everything, & included in that has been the chance once again to wear my driving gloves. Raise an eyebrow if you wish, regard me with whatever preconceptions about those who wear driving gloves you care to possess, or devise on short notice. I adore wearing my driving gloves.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Robbie Williams, "Where There's Muck" from Swings Both Ways (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: "Where there's muck there's brass" is apparently British slang meaning "where there's a dirty job to be done, there's money to be made." That said, I still have no idea what "Where There's Muck" is really about; O.K., the subject is a shipwreck, but I can't tell you the deeper meaning behind that metaphor.

"Where there's muck
There's brass,
Kiss my ass!
Where there's muck
There's brass,
Kiss my ass!

"I'm not asking you,
I'm telling you:
Kiss my ass!…"

No comments: