Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Urbi et Orbi

Through the first six months of the years, I have attended Mass forty-five times. That is the same number of Masses as in all of 2012, which was itself the best year on record at the time. Though I am mindful to avoid prideful boasting, there should be no difficulty in attaining & vastly surpassing the annual quota of fifty-two Masses. I am also still on track not to miss Mass on a single Sunday, which would be a singular achievement in this wretched sinner's life. The goal I set myself at the beginning of the year was not to miss a single Sunday when not traveling, but I am tempted to modify the goal by removing the qualification. Pride?

As ever, it is not the number of Masses that is important per se, it is the greater fidelity to the Almighty that naturally flows from frequent celebration of the Eucharist.

2012: 45
2013: 63
2014: 45…

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day
Montag, 30 Juni
Desmond Dekker & the Aces, "Pretty Africa" from King of Ska (T.L.A.M.)

Sonntag, 29 Juni
Flogging Molly, "Grace of God Go I" from Swagger (T.L.A.M.)

Samstag, 28 Juni
The Proclaimers, "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" from Sunshine on Leith (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary:

"But I would walk five hundred miles,
And I would walk five hundred more
Just to be the man who walked a thousand miles
Then fall down at your door…"

No comments: