Thursday, October 16, 2014

Project BLACK MAMBA

Today is the memorial of Saint Hedwig (1174-1243): Saint-link & Wikipedia-link.

Today is also the memorial of Saint Margaret Mary Alacoque (1647-1690), "Disciple of the Sacred Heart:" Saint-link, Wikipedia-link, & Sacred Heart-link.

Scripture of the Day
The Gospel according to Matthew, chapter thirteen.

It occurs to me that I should remark that this is not the officially prescribed Scriptures of the day, which are read at daily Mass throughout the worldwide Church. Those readings consist of selections from a book of the Old Testament, a Psalm (technically, yes, the Book of Psalms is of the Old Testament), & the Gospels of the New Testament. I should like to attend daily Mass & to read the prescribed readings, but for the nonce I shall continue with the present front-to-back march through the Gospels as a recommended part of my vocational discernment.

No comments: