Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Urbi et Orbi

Through the first three-quarters of the Year of Our Lord Twenty Fourteen I have attended seventy-four celebrations of the Mass. (A note to my captious sister-in-Christ Mrs. Nacho: This tally does not count the Good Friday veneration of the cross, since of course that it not a Mass, but it does include that Friday morning Mass when I showed up late, because though I missed most of the Liturgy of the Word I was present for the Liturgy of the Eucharist.) This annum's specific goal of not missing a Sunday remains on track. There is always the peril that I am counting for the wrong reasons, but I am trying to be mindful, to watch myself; when I am in Mass I know I am there in the proper spirit, in the proper disposition for the receipt of the sacraments to be efficacious. (Wayback Machine.)

This Sunday's count of three Masses was inflated by service: I was at the 9:00 A.M. at Saint Michael in downtown Flint as part of a Knights of Columbus honor guard, at the 11:00 A.M. at Holy Redeemer as part of the choir, & at the 5:00 P.M. at Holy Redeemer to proclaim the Word as a lector. Busy doesn't have to mean "Being Under Satan's Yoke" if you're busy spending time with Him in prayer, reflection, & worship.

The Rebel Black Dot Sleepy Song of the Day
Letters to Cleo, "I Could Sleep (The Wuss Song)" from Wholesale Meats and Fish (T.L.A.M.)

No comments: