Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Project PARAFFIN

Project TROIKA is not dead but is dead in the water, due in part to the Ace's recent nuptials & Steeze's return to hectic motion pictures after those bastards at Disney put an end to his career in stable television when they fired everyone at Lucasfilm Animation. Drastic measures are certainly necessary, & it would be irresponsible & unrealistic to rule out desperate measures. In the meantime, needing to jump-start PARAFFIN & encouraged by Brother & Mrs. Brother Nacho, I've decided to take part in an annual rite of November, National Novel Writing Month, also known by the incredibly stupid abbreviation NaNoWriMo, or "NaNo." (My skin crawls.) I considered a new idea I've been developing in quasi collaboration with the Nachos, tales set in & around a fictional Catholic parish, but this idea is too nascent to put anything to paper. No, instead I'll use the opportunity to bang out a first draft of the epistolary PARAFFIN novel, Confessions of the World's Worst Vampire. The universe-building has already been done, the backstories already put in place, now all I have to do is the one thing I've always failed to do: write the blasted thing.

I've an entire universe of ideas spinning out of Confessions, touching on a variety of classic monsters. I've had the devil of a time cracking the titles for the mummy trilogy, but methinks I've finally got it:

The Ægyptus Club
The Pyramid Scheme
The Accursed Sun

2 comments:

K.Steeze said...

I reached out to Ace last week to work with me on TROIKA and he thought this weekend could work. Sorry for the late notice, I will update you with how it goes. If it doesn't happen then I suggest drastic measures.

Mike Wilson said...

Thanks for letting me know, Steeze. Best of luck with the upcoming story conference.