Thursday, April 21, 2016

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day: REGGAEpril


Magic!, "No Way No" from Don't Kill the Magic (The Last Angry Man)

Skammentary: Reggae is entirely more earnest than Third Wave ska-punk, which is as bitterly sarcastic as Generation X & the 1990s. That, plus Magic!'s pop sensibilities, means that they write unironic love songs.
"Yeah, baby, baby,
Your heart's too big to be treated small,
So please don't blame me, blame me
For trying to be the one who could have it all,
I know that it's stupid, stupid,
Telling you its dark when you see the light,
And I know you ain't foolish, foolish,
Just give me one chance, I could treat you right.

"So I say,
Will I ever be too far away when you feel alone?
No way, no!
Will I ever back down my sword to protect our home?
No way, no!
Will I ever spend a day not telling you you're beautiful?
No way, no!
No way, no way, no,
No way, no way, no…"

No comments: