Thursday, July 28, 2016

The Rebel Black Dot Autobiographical Song of the Day


Less Than Jake, "The Science of Selling Yourself Short" from Anthem (The Last Angry Man)

Skammentary: My life before I knew Christ, in the broad strokes if not in the seedy details.
"I've come to my senses that I've become senseless,
And I could give you lessons—how to ruin your friendships,
And every last conviction, I smoked them all away,
And I drank my frustrations down the drain, out of the way.

"And so I sit and wait and wonder,
Does anyone else feel like me?
Someone so tired of their routines
And disappearing self-esteem.

"I'll sing along, yeah, with every emergency,
Just sing along, 'I'm the king of catastrophes!'
I'm so far gone that deep down inside
I think it's fine by me, I'm my own worst enemy…

"And so I sit and wait and wonder,
Does anyone else feel like me?
I'm so overdosed on apathy
And burnt out on sympathy…

"Let the meanings slip away
Lost my faith in another day,
Self-deprecation seems O.K.,
I never thought I'd make it anyway…"

No comments: