Thursday, July 21, 2016

The Rebel Black Dot Road Song of the Day

Fountains of Wayne, "A Road Song" from Sky Full of Holes (The Last Angry Man)

Commentary: Every day, I offer a short prayer to the Lord, requesting His blessings thru the intercession of Saints Christopher, Frances of Rome, & the Archangel Raphael. Among other things, I ask the Lord to "Teach me to use my car for others' need." Be careful for what you pray, because the Lord just might grant your request abundantly: all this week, I am ferrying others to & fro in my new motorcar, endeavoring to put others' needs ahead of my own & to be a cheerful giver of my time, talent, & treasure.
"And in between the stops at the Cracker Barrel
And forty movies with Will Ferrell,
I need some way to occupy my time,
So I'm writing you a road song,
I sure hope you don't mind…"

No comments: