Saturday, July 9, 2016

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day

Fountains of Wayne, "Baby I've Changed" from Out-of-State Plates (The Last Angry Man)

Commentary: The title should read "Baby, I've Changed." The comma is not optional. That necessary captiousness aside, I've chosen "Baby I've Changed" as the R.B.D.S.O.T.D. partially as an apology to you, dear readers. I've neglected The Secret Base these last weeks, but I am resolved to change, to return to a superior manner of living. I've commitments I must discharge, but that is no reason to neglect this vital avenue of self-expression & catharsis. That I must re-learn this painful lesson time & again is one of my more vexing foibles. I've changed; or, more accurately, I'm changing; or, I'm working to change.
"But, Baby, I've changed!
Won't you come back home?
'Cause I've changed my wicked ways,
And I'll never throw your mail away,
And I won't tell you that your hair looks gray,
And I'll let you listen to Sugar Ray
And I'll say I love you every day
'Cause it's true,
Baby, I do…

"'Cause, Baby, I've changed!
Won't you come back home?
'Cause I've changed my wicked ways,
And I'll put away my socks and shoes,
If the lights go out I'll change the fuse,
And I'll let you listen to the blues,
And I'll say I love you
Just because it's true,
Baby, I do.
Baby, I do.
Baby, I do."

No comments: