Tuesday, July 19, 2016

The Rebel Black Dot Road Song of the Day

Fountains of Wayne, "I-95" from Traffic and Weather (The Last Angry Man)

Commentary:
"It's a nine-hour drive
From me to you, south on I-95,
And I'll do it 'til the day that I die
If I need to
Just to see you,
Just to see you…"
Bonus! Song of the Day
"Weird Al" Yankovic, "Canadian Idiot" from Straight Outta Lynnwood (The Last Angry Hoser, Eh)

Commentary: I was scheduled to drive to Toronto's Pearson International Airport this evening to fetch Red Patton upon his return to North America from a sojourn in Eastern Europe. Alas, Polish efficiency not being much renowned, difficulties with his Warsaw-to-London flight meant he missed his London-to-Toronto connection, & alternate arrangements have had to be made. He is now flying into Detroit Metro, from which he will presumably he fetch by his fetching bride, Mrs. Red Patton, denying me any reason to motor through the Canadas this particular evening.

No comments: