Friday, October 17, 2003

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with you."

I finished up Ice Station Zebra and have now begun H.M.S. Ulysses. This prompts two thoughts: a) Alistair MacLean is a sorely underappreciated author and b) Star Trek: Odyssey would have been a great show.

I am on the third disc of DS9's fifth season; my word, the glories of which we are capable.

Within her hangers, the Scarlet Narwhal carries the Skipjack and the Tigerfish, daytrippers armed as fighters; the Atari's Revenge, a Ritoshi fighter customized as a yacht by Ming and Pewter; and the Detroit Miss, a launch modified as an armored boarder. There is another auxiliary, the Cora, also a launch, unarmed and unarmored, intended to blend in with normal civilian vessels, but this idea is in flux. Is any of this important? Not really, but to me it's fun.

No comments: