Friday, October 10, 2003

The Death of 17
The Mountain of Love's girlfriend, Stephanie, was give the awesome nickname 17. He and I were IMing tonight and it turns out 17 does not like being called "17." She thinks it's funny, but it also bothers her. Gets her goat, I suppose you could say. The Mountain sez, "If there's a way you could change it, we'd appreciate it." Excuse me for a moment, would you, I have to go puke.

Now that that's behind us, of course I will stop calling 17 17. It was never my intention to give offense and I apologize if any was given. Now of course, I am left to find a new nickname, as "Stephanie" is rather dull compared to 17, the Mountain of Love, Skeeter, Saturday Night Latham, Guy Zach Nie!, and their ilk. Ever since I stole the idea from The Watergirl, fun nicknames have become a staple of the Secret Base.

The Mountain suggested The Big Lebowski, after the movie, which she adores. In that same vein, I suggested The Nihilist; in response to this, the Mountain told me I was acting like "a little bitch." {*} He then said, "Or maybe something that has to do with the bassoon," the girl formerly known as 17 being a bassoon major. Yeah, like what? Bassoon Girl? The Bassoon Baffoon? Low Note? See, all those suck. So, the search continues.

{*} Hmm, Negative 17? Prime Number?

One last thing. "On that note, I must bid you ado." Dude, it's adieu. You know, French for goodbye? How many years of French did you take?



*These indicate moments when I chose not to say something mean, though it would have been fun.

No comments: