Friday, October 17, 2003

Someone explain this to me: how do you argue against facts? I mean, I understand how, I've seen many many people do it, as if their unsupported, ignorant opinions could overpower the truth, but I don't understand what makes a person take such a position. I am a highly opinionated fellow, but you will find that my opinions are largely grounded in logical deduction and knowledge of real world conditions; I rarely build my house on sand, and when I am shown that I have, I concede the point. How does ignorance argue against knowledge?

p.s. Some of my friends are drooling nimrods. This does not bother me except when they speak of things about which they know nothing. When this happens, I feel as if the only rational solution is the sudden and arbitrary application of massive violence; yes, that's right, the famous brick in the face.

No comments: