Wednesday, October 8, 2003

Hail! Hail! to Michigan, the Champions of... Jack Squat
Coach Lloyd Carr, commenting on Saturday's humiliating lose to Iowa, "John Navarre played extremely well and anybody who thinks he didn't doesn't know anything about the game." If throwing 26-49 is playing "extremely well," I'd hate to see how poorly a quarterback would have to throw to raise Lloyd's ire.

It is bad enough that Coach Carr has never even tried to recruit a replacement for Navarre (I mean, the great Tom Brady only started two seasons; fucking Navarre has been sabotaging our offense for three and a half), but it is adding insult to injury for Carr to stand behind a player who is clearly not up to the job. Let me be clear about this: John Navarre would be a fine back-up, but he has never shown that he has either the physical or more importantly mental ability to be the quarterback for a big time program like Michigan. We have never beaten a ranked oppont on the road with Navarre as quarterback; thus, I stand behind my prediction of a Michigan defeat this Friday against Minnesota.

Quoting Grant Bowman, punk ass bitch of a defensive tackle, "We analyze our own game enough so we know what's going on better than any people out there, whether it's other students, media, or all those armchair quarterbacks that know how to do it better than we do." Let me submit to Mr. Bowman that he and his comrades do not know what's going on, for if they did, he would not be so brazenly arrogant after losing to both decent teams we have faced. Where does this confidence come from? Beating Notra Dame and Indiana (barely) only shows he knows how to best inferior competition; against equals, he has failed utterly. The worst part is the arrogance in the face of failure, which tells me our players have yet to internalize the deficiencies in their play. They do not think that losing is their fault. I can only hope that Friday's lose by Minesota will teach them humility, but I doubt it. It is going to be a long, sad season.

I hope the Lions start to win some games; I don't know if I can handle consistant back-to-back loses on both Saturdays and Sundays.

No comments: