Saturday, November 22, 2003

Essential Lines From Any Mike Wilson Star Trek
"The only road to a satisfactory conclusion is the massive and sudden application of unconscionable violence."

"Wonders beyond imagination, terrors beyond comprehension."

I know no one cares, but I am having the hardest time deciding whether Captain Seneca's Warspite should be a Galaxy-class or Sovereign-class starship. My intention is to conduct my own sort of mental show, a Star Trek: Ships of the Line if you will, chronically the adventures of the crews of Federation starships not named Enterprise, betwen the end of DS9 in 2375 and the film Star Trek: Nemesis in 2379. One thing this lets me do is include many, many more aliens. For production and budgetary reasons, the majority of the main crew of any starship we see will always be human; but, there are over 150 different sentient species in the Federation, and presumably at least that many in Starfleet. The senior staff of Captain Pethlo's Seawolf, for example, includes a Pic (the good captain is of a species of my own invention), an Andorian, two Vulcans, a Betazoid, a Deltan, two Bolians, and a single human; my original plan called for an all-alien crew, but I love my character of the science officer Ensign Bean, a.k.a. Beano.

No comments: