Thursday, November 13, 2003

I am so very tired of compromise.
Well, the Space Pirates Project is dead. Should I use this forum to present my point of view or would that be inappropriately airing BTW's dirty laundry? Hmmmmmm.

Okay, many of us post on the BTW Forums; we discuss any number of issues from the Space Pirates Project to Star Wars to the current state of pop punk to girl trouble to Star Wars to Art Truck, the greatest video game of all time. All seemed well. Then, K. Steeze invited some of his non-BTW friends to join and within a day the situation was out of control. I love Steeze, he is one of my dearest friends, but the kid suffers from an absolute inability to differentiate asholes from princes; he likes everybody. Back on the Forums, Steeze's roommate Ash, hereafter referred to as Ass, began posting some truly idiotic statements. (I suspect Ass is an Epsilon; he spells hating as "hateing.") I objected. He persisted. Every man is entitled to his opinion, but that does not mean I have to listen to the clap-trap of every passing fool. The BTW Forums are a place for the Blue Tree Whacking gang, the BTW in BTW Forums, to swap ideas, insults, and mindless prattle. Ass is not a member of BTW, nor any manner of auxiliary or hanger-on. I enjoy the Forums far too much to see them trivilaized by some brutish twit just because he happens to room with my friend. I am a believer in the radical solution; so, I offered an ultimatum: either Ass is ejected or I walk. Please note that I never claimed to be a reasonable man.

And now for something completely different.
The winds last night? They were wicked. My room has two exterior walls and I was treated to some truly unique sounds.

"They invade our space and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds and we fall back. No more. The line must be drawn here! This far and no farther!"
--Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: First Contact (written by Ronald D. Moore and Brannon Braga)

Today was soooo boring, but once again my incredibly talent for self-amusement held me in good stead. It was once remarked that were I locked in a plain white room for hours on end with only a single toothpick, I could keep myself fully amused. To which I replied, "Why would I need a toothpick?"

"Move to Bremerton, we'll hang out,
Move to Bremerton, we'll go all out,
Move to Bremerton, will you be mine?"
--MxPx, "Move to Bremerton" from Life in General

Now if you excuse me, I don't have to go to work tomorrow; so, I'm going to watch Deep Space Nine into the wee hours.

No comments: