Friday, November 28, 2003

The lovely Bassoonatic's here. My brother keeps jokingly patting her arse. What in the high holy Hell is going on? Many of the New David changes are decidedly positive, but then something like this happens and I wonder how much of David survived the arrival of the New.

The last time I'll ever complain about work: retail sucks. Yesterday, I had a good vacation vibe going. I slept in. I watched football. I didn't take a shower. I ate so much food. And then I ate a huge pile of mashed potatoes. And some pie. There's always room for pie. (But I'm not the man I used to be, I didn't have seconds of anything. I know, I'm embarrassed for me, too.) But then this morning I woke up at 7 fucking 20 and drove to work. It was pretty much downhill from there. But, I worked through my mini-lunch break, which earned me the right to leave early. So, things are better since then.

Sometimes you're just in the mood for The Starting Line. And sometimes you're in the mood for Student Rick.

Sometimes you get home from work and people invite themselves into your room. You'd thinking sitting down at your desk and opening your journal would be what some call a "subtle hint," but apparently, it was too subtle.

I wish people were on AIM. I feel the need for human contact. Sure, there are plenty of people downstairs, but. Maybe I'll go bug my sister.

"Drowning in your lies,
Deceived by your eyes."
--Student Rick, "A Child's Cry" from Soundtrack For a Generation

At least it's snowing. Thank God for small favors.

No comments: