Monday, November 10, 2003

We've taken apart and put back together the carburator. We've installed new spark plugs. We've returned the car to stock, in case the problem was in the aftermarket ignition system. We've reinstalled the original control chip in the computer. We've charged and recharged the battery, and it isn't the problem. We've checked the timing as much as we can without getting the engine running. We're going to disassemble the carburator again, because my dad has a new idea. And still the Mousemobile sits, an immobile mobile.

I'm beginning to think this is a metaphor for my life. People try to figure out the problem and get it moving, but no matter what they do it just sits there, useless. Don't mind me, I'm just bitter because this entire past week, I've been stuck in the house. Via the telephone, the mail, and ye olde Internet, I've been able to continue my job serach largely as before, but it is incredibly demoralizing to know you couldn't leave the house even if you had somewhere to go.

No comments: