Wednesday, December 31, 2003

Happy brithday to my mom!

Star Trek on DVD
At present, I own half of the ten Star Trek movies on DVD:
Star Trek: The Motion Picture The Director's Edition (new to me!)
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan The Director's Edition
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home Special Collector's Edition
Star Trek V: The Final Frontier Special Collector's Edition (new to me!)
Star Trek: Nemesis (X)

Via an Amazon.com gift certificate from Uncle Bob and Aunt Kathy (thanks!), within days I will also own:
Star Trek III: The Search For Spock Special Collector's Edition

I was thinking about pre-ordering Star Trek VI, but Star Trek III was a more natural fit for my peculiar and pervasive sense of order.

I also own all seven seasonal box sets of Star Trek Deep Space Nine.

All seven seasons of Star Trek: The Next Generation are currently available, but they are not as high a priority as DS9 and thus not worth the same financial sacrifices; fear not, though, I will own them in time.

Beginning in January, Star Trek: Voyager will become available season by season on a schedule similar to DS9's. Completeness be damned, I suffered through Voyager once, I'm not doing it again.

No comments: