Monday, December 22, 2003

"I want to be the minority
I don't need your authority
Down with the moral majority
'Cause I want to be the minority!"
--Green Day, "Minority" from Warning.

What you may miss upon first listen is that this is an extremely punk album. It doesn't have a lot of loud guitars or screaming in lieu of singing, but the lyrics are pure punk. Don't just do what you're told. Don't mindlessly conform. Green Day never sold out, they're punk enough to know they can experiment and still remains punks.

I had a blast with Sardine yesterday, but nothing's going to happen. Back to square one, I am once again bereft of any prospects.

Holiday Itinerary
Dec. 22-25: home, GB; willing to hang out, but also want to spend quality time with Mountain and Evil sis.

Dec. 26-29: Austin, Texas; God help me.

Dec. 30: home, GB; Tommy's Frogs show at The Local in Exile (Metropolis), no RCY this year since Steeze is stuck in La-La-Land.

Dec. 31: home, GB; happy birthday, Mom!; once again, I have no New Year's Eve plans.

Jan. 1: home, GB: I'm watching football all day, leave me alone.

Jan. 2-whenever: home, GB; the Mountain will probably bolt for Troy (home of the Conchshell) as soon as possible, so I might be free.

No comments: