Friday, December 12, 2003

I am the luckiest bastard on the face of the earth. Without question. I have had a singularly extraordinary day. Once back from a day of wage-slavery, I watched the series finale of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, "What You Leave Behind," followed by all the bonus material in the seventh season box set. Watching this series which I love and have loved so very much end, I cried softly. I have seen "What You Leave Behind" several times, but every time the impact is simply overwhelming. Zach Nie!, when you get to the end of the series, if it is possible, I'd love to watch the finale with you.

Also, my enigmatically loyal friend Olga emailed me today. Olga's fantastic, yet I am inexplicably terrible about writing back to her. But like clockwork, every few months she'll send an email into, for all intents and purposes, the void. I always feel I owe her a good letter, and so put it off again and again until suddenly months have gone by and she writes again. Thank you, Olga, you made my day, and it was already a hell of a day.

Green Day's Warning may quite possibly be the greatest album of all time.

Danny Boy called me to ask if I want to go to a basketball game tomorrow. I'd love to, but I have to wage-slave, and then the Mountain and I are going to see The Aquabats! at St. Andrew's Hall. I honestly thought I'd never see The Aquabats! in concert again. Wow.

In a few minutes, I'll be leaving for A2 and an end-of-student-teaching/graduation party for Neutral Man. It feels nice to be ending my inadvertantly self-imposed isolation.

I unintentionally missed this week's Zooey Deschanel Appreciation Day on Wednesday, but fear not, in five days' time we shall appreciate once again.

No comments: