Thursday, October 28, 2004

Dude! Thanks to the Mountain of Love for giving me the heads up.

I hold in my grubby little hands Invader ZIM Volume 3: Horrible Holiday Cheer! The good news: I now own all the ZIM! The bad news: that's all the ZIM there is. DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! Must... cherish... ZIM! Filthy humans, I now own "Tak: The Hideous New Girl"! Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Vote For Kodos - Countdown: 5 Days
This afternoon, NPR had a special Talk of the Nation about the black vote. One of the guests was of the opinion that President Bush is directly responsible for the bronze medal the men's basketball team earned at the Athens Olympics. The theory goes our team felt so bad about just being Americans that they played like crap. The other teams despised them for representing America. These two factors came together in a perfect storm to deny us our rightful gold. Had, say, Al Gore been president, our ballers would have held their heads high and gone forth to glorious victory, with the whole world cheering us on, grateful for the privilege of losing to the beloved Americans. We are suffering, the theory goes, a Carteresque national malaise, and that's why our basketball team is only third best in the world.

I'm genuinely impressed; that is the single most asinine thing I've ever heard in my whole life. Good work.

H-A-N
Have a morphing night.

No comments: