Saturday, October 2, 2004

This afternoon, I wielded an axe. That means today was a good day. I finally chopped up a bunch of wood that had been accumulating, pruned branches and an entire bush that had died along the back fence. Originally, I was using our electric chainsaw for the largest branches, but after a few cuts it began to make a disturbing whine. Not wanting anything to go wrong with a chain flailing around at a significant rate of speed, I switched to the big axe. Boy howdy, there's nothing else fulfilling in quite the same way as giving an axe a full, two-handed swing. Thwack! I'm Paul Bunyan!

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year
The third quarter of Michigan's game against Indiana was fun, but I still have grave concerns about how the offense will perform against quality opposition. But hell, might as well enjoy success when it comes. Woo hoo! Three victories in a row!

See, the Iowa team I dreaded playing was the team that showed up today against Michigan State, not the team we faced last weekend. And her, the beat the Spartans, which is almost always a good thing.

The only time I even halfway root for Michigan State is when they face Notre Dame. Good job today, Purdue. Oh, I am not looking forward to playing against Kyle Orton. In the Big House would be bad enough, but we have to go down to the Black Hole of Calcutta, where bad things happen to otherwise good teams.

H-A-N
Have a blurry night.

No comments: