Wednesday, October 6, 2004

Fear the Potshot! No, not really, don't be afraid of Potshot. I love Potshot. What's not to love about a Japanese ska band that sings in unintelligible English? Right now, I'm listening to "She is Cute" off their fourth (fifth? no, fourth) album, Potshot-A-Go-Go.

Tomorrow, Flogging Molly! Woo-fucking-hoo! Too bad I'm going by myself, but I am not going to miss Molly just because all my friends are lame. Woot!

Miracle of miracles (Miracle?), I've received another Newsletter submission from co-founder and erstwhile columnist and editor "Uncle Jerry" Alber. This is awesome! I intend my disbelief as no insult to Jerry, but for the longest time it was as if he had sailed over the edge of the world. And now two submissions from him in two weeks? That's better than the staff columnists do! Look forward to his first new column in the next issue (Vol. VII, No. 3), which should go out in Thursday's or Friday's mail. His second column (which sez some very nice thing about moi) probably won't be in the next issue, the unofficial "Election Issue," but in one of November's Newsletters. Again, woot!

Last night, after I talked to Dad to get the debate out of his system (during the debate, he was pacing around as if the fate of the free world hung in the balance), I watch Titus. It was the first exposure I've ever had to Shakespeare's Titus Andronicus and it was just fantastic. If you like Shakespeare, I urge you to see this film. If you don't like Shakepeare, well, you're just a Philistine; so, who cares what you think? It was violent and gory and the villains were jst evil for evil's sake, and I loved it. It was a weird interpretation, blending Roman politics with automobiles and shotguns, but it really, really worked. The best part? Probably Harry Lennix as Aaron the Moor, though it was also great to see Angus Macfadyen, best known as Braveheart's Robert the Bruce, as Lucius Andronicus. And of course, Sir Anthony Hopkins as the titular Titus Androniucs and the grand Jessica lange as the treacherous Tamora, Queen of Goths. No, not those Goths.

H-A-N
Have a cooooool night, y'dig?

No comments: