Monday, February 26, 2007

The Anniversary Party
Five years ago to the day, this is what was on my mind: third post Until last spring, when the Mountain of Love, The Guy, and I jointly visited K. Steeze and The Professor at BTWest in Los Angeles, that was the greatest Spring Break of my oft-extended collegiate career. I didn't go anywhere. I worked a few lifeguard shifts, watched a lot of TV, and read a lot of comic books. I was all alone at 1213 for nearly a week, the longest period of serene solitude in the three years of my residence. Ann Arbor was buried beneath a nearly unbroken blanket of virgin white snow. I kept most of the lights off and walked through the darkened hallways by the illumination from the powerful lamps around Yost Ice Arena and Schembechler Hall, our neighbors across South State Street. It was the best Spring Break of the six years I spent in Ann Arbor and I spent nearly every minute of it alone. In the long nights of loneliness to follow this coming summer's dissolution of BTW South, I shall rememberly fondly the coziness of that blessed solitude now five years past.

BTW South Song of the Day
The Blues Brothers, "Viva Las Vegas" (live) from Live From Chicago's House of Blues (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Lead vocals by Brother Zee Blues, the blood brother of the late "Joliet Jake" Blues. And as the last song on the album, included on the track with "Viva Las Vegas" is "I Can't Turn You Loose," the traditional entrance and exit music of the Blues Brothers.

No comments: