Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Cheaters Never Win
Actually, cheaters usually win, but not always: what's bad for Airbus is good for Boeing, and what's good for Boeing is good for America. Airlink.

Caution: Vulgarity Ahead.

Mission: Unpossible
At the risk of jinxing myself, so far so good. A week ago, I thought I'd be in much greater trouble by this point. I do not have a girlfriend; so, the only "sex" in my life is with Miss Michigan. I am experiencing neither of two scenarios I lifted from the fine folks at Seinfeld (after all, if you're going to steal, steal from the best): I have not experienced a Flowers for Algernon-esque increase in mental prowess as George did when his girlfriend was thought to have contracted mono. George was of course not deprived of the self-serve option, but for the first time since puberty his brain was freed from the tyranny of lust, thus unleashing his true potential; my encounters with Miss Michigan are, as mentioned, the only "sex" in my life, thus creating the tenuous parallel between my situation and George's. Neither am I experiencing the difficulty sleeping and generalized irritability that plagued Jerry, George, and Elaine during the infamous contest from "The Contest."

Riding again at the edge of hubris, all but engraving an invitation for disaster to be visited upon my head, I appear to have become the eunuch I always claimed to be, at least regarding my numerous gal pals. Marvel before the asexual "man"! Of course, we are a day short of a week since Ash Wednesday, and Lent is six long weeks long. My Lenten sacrifice my yet go as terribly awry as I initially predicted. As in all things, only time shall tell, and Easter is yet quite far off.

BTW South Song of the Day
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, "Devil's Night Out" (live) from Live From the Middle East (T.L.A.M.)

No comments: