Saturday, February 24, 2007

Science!
A dynamic duo from the frozen splendor of Antarctica: the Lake Country and I(sis), Robot. I remember the astonished disbelief I experienced the first time I became aware of Lake Vostok, and how quickly my mind turned to frigid Europa and several of the other moons of our neighboring gas giants. Life beneath the ice? It's all too fascinating!

I have never felt the slightest inclination to scale Mount Everest (though taking the clog train to the top of Mount Washington was qute a thrill), but in the thirty-three years left to me I sincerely hope I am able to see the pulchritidinous desolation of Antarctica. preferably on a vessel named either Discovery or Endurance. Science!

Also, it may be time to emulate the ancient Spartan tradition of declaring war upon the Helots once a year, just to remind those uppity chimpanzees who's still the apex predator around here: chimpan-a to chimpanzee.

No comments: