Saturday, December 15, 2007

Egad!
I've blundered enormously! For years, I have referenced my Blues Brothers-style hat as a "porkpie." 'Tis not so! The true porkpie has a flat top, whereas the Blues Brothers and we imitators sport a hat that looks for all the world like a fedora, but with a far smaller brim. This hat is in fact called a Trilby, after the novel Trilby, which also introduced into the English language the word "Svengali." I own and occasionally don a Trilby, not a porkpie. Please forgive the egregious and oft-repeated error, 'twas entirely unintentional.

Sweet fancy Moses, I love wearing my Trilby!

The Endurance
Who know what goes well with my Trilby? My imperial, also called a soul patch, which sadly I have not sported for over a year now. The Trilby and the imperial go together like gangbusters! The lone upshot is that Codename: PANDORA endorses the imperial's absence. Of course, this drives the mischievous contrarian in me to yearn all the more for its return....

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Mu330, "Christmas Merry Christmas" from Winter Wonderland (T.L.A.M.)

No comments: