Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Explorers Club
No. LVI - Timur "the Lame" (1336-1405), immortalized as the fearsome Tamerlane, indelibly imprinted on the Western imagination through such works as, among others, Kit Marlowe's two-part Tamburlaine and Edgar Allen Poe's "Tamerlane."








Say what you will about Kathmandu, Timbuktu, or the fabled Xanadu, for my money there is no place (more specifically, the idea of the place) more exotic or intoxicating than Samarkand.

Samarkand...


Ricky Fitness
I did not fulfill my ambitions of running and lifting today, though I remain committed to eventually exercising on the weekends. Someday. However, I did get some cardio and weight training in thanks to six inches of snow and the enormous driveway I like to call Wilson Field. On that note...

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Lena Horne, "Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!" from Elf: Music From the Major Motion Picture (T.L.A.M.)

No comments: