Friday, December 21, 2007

Ricky Fitness
This morning, I made the decision to skip today's exercise, citing fatigue. It was a done deal, signed, sealed, and delivered. Then, a gruff voice from the back of my head bellowed, "Get your fat ass to the gym! You're going, and you're going to run your ass off." And so my fat ass went to the gym, and I pushed myself during today's run and increased each and every weight during today's lifting. And I loved every second of the exquisite agony. Jumpin' Jack Pratt, I love those S.K.P. Machine moments!

Self-loathing is the key to self-improvement. To paraphrase Dr. Cox, the moment you're satisfied with your body, it's all over.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Duvall, "Joy to the World" from O Holy Night (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I believe this to be the season's first instrumental.

No comments: