Sunday, April 27, 2008

Correspondence Stock
Dear Ned,
I just wanted to say again how much I loved the sand dollar necklace. The peppermint dental floss was an inspired touch. Who are you, Ned Plimpton? I find myself asking that question. I hope you allow me to find out.
Love,
Jane


The Explorers Club
No. LXXV - Canute the Great (???-1035), Viking king of England and much of Scandinavia.






The legend of Canute, or Knut, trying to turn back the tide by sheer force of will is almost certain that, a legend. More interesting from where I sit is the quite legitimate question of the date of his birth, which varying estimates of between A.D. 980 and 995, making him between 55 and 40 at the time of his death. Oooo, mystery!

Who Used To Own It? West Indies Edition - Round Two
Answers and scoring tomorrow! Play now before all is lost!

Second Son of Direct Hyperlink.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Murky Transport Disaster, "The Viking Song" from The Murky Transport Disaster Disaster Transport Transport Disaster (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: "The Viking Song" has fuck all to do with vikings beyond the fact that it is titled "The Viking Song," which is mentioned in the chorus. This is not the chorus:

"And now I'll sing to thee,
About a place called L.C.C.
That's where K. Steeze went,
M.S.U.'s where his time was spent.
It's a shabby place,
To orientation came Jon Mace.
Old Asian women are hard to face!"

This is:

"This is 'The Viking Song,'
Everyone can sing along.
Sing along please with our song,
Our song that is 'The Viking Song'!"

M.T.D.!


Project TROIKA
We're big fans of mottoes in Blue Tree Whacking.

The B.T.W. Forums: "Push it further."

Project TROIKA: "Grow or die."

Real Can of Yams: "Seven hundred and* one ounces of terrible."

Murky Transport Disaster: "The best band for all the wrong reasons."

*The "and" is incorrect. The motto should read "Seven hundred one ounces of terrible," which I have pointed out repeatedly, but each time I've been overruled/outvoted/what have you. I am beset upon all sides by Philistines!

We're also fans of initializations: B.T.W., R.C.Y., M.T.D.

No comments: