Thursday, April 17, 2008

Who Used To Own It? West Indies Edition
The latest round of Who Used To Own It? has been available since Monday and only a single player has availed herself of the opportunity. THANKS, KATIE! It doesn't matter one lick how much or how little you know, the point of Who Used To Own It? is to put forward your best guess, have fun, and learn something in the process. The thrill of victory is worth risking the agony of defeat. I was on competitive sports teams with many of you; so, I know you understand and owe allegiance to this principle. I'll ever be so solicitous as to use a *shudder* baseball analogy: come on, guys, step up to the plate!

Direct Hyperlink!

Eye of the Tiger
The intensity and frequency of Tiger's affectionate behaviors waxes and wanes. Currently, we are waxing, and last night I fell asleep with her on my bed for the first time in a couple months. Woot! I love my kitty.

The Irrevocable Shackles of Matrimony: Matrimania - D.C.
I will be flying solo at my sister's wedding, now little more than a fortnight distant. Last summer, I asked The Sardine to accompany me as my date and she accepted, seemingly with some enthusiasm. Early in March, I reminded her of the approaching nuptials and soon learned that due to business travel she would be unable to attend. I only know four girls on the Eastern seaboard, one of their number my sister, the bride, and the second being the indisposed Sardine. Skeeter is to be buried under mounds of legal treachery as she will be between two work trips and The Watergirl has plans already in place to be traveling that weekend. Strictly speaking, I do know several other girls between Maine and Florida, but they are either online friends whom I have never met in the real world (and it would seem awkward to meet someone for the first time as your date to your sister's wedding, no?) or old acquaintances with whom I've all but lost contact. So, I shall have to be clever and adroit to avoid getting dragged into a most unpleasant confab with a couple who shall remain anonymous. As the only other people I will know at the wedding festivities will be my sister, The L.A.W., and my by-then brother-in-law, Brother-in-L.A.W., who as the bride and bridegroom will be understandably otherwise engaged, and my parents, of whom I already see a great deal, I am not hopeful for my prospects. Who am I kidding? I'm doomed.

Matrimania - St. Louis
Washington is a train ride away from New York or Boston, but aside from The Gal I don't know any girls within a fairly large radius from St. Louis; so, I had always intended to attend the wedding of The Guy to The Gal without distaff companionship. The implicit blow is immeasurably softened by the presence of my fellow Blue Tree Whackers; the same anonymous couple will also be present, but I shan't be left alone with them. Things are looking up!

The Irrevocable Shackles of Matrimony: The Wedding Album
I have too long neglected the concluding chapter(s) of "The Wedding Album," and for that you, my treasured readers and darling friends, have my deepest apologies. Please understand, though, that outside of "The Wedding Album" I have given my word not to write about my brother and his wife, The Bridegroom and The Bride, even though my sundered relationship with my brother and erstwhile best friend is the paramount issue on my emotional plate.

Skeeter commands. I obey. (There is much that could be said about a person whose blog has not been updated in almost precisely twenty-nine months scolding me about the need to start blogging "about life" again, but we'll save that for another discussion.) So, I henceforth rededicate myself to posting for all the world to see the minutiae of my life. Coming attractions include:

One Hell of a Holy Week
Grand Blanc in Detroit
The Four-Ten Split
The Endurance Ends

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Reel Big Fish, "Where Have You Been?" from Cheer Up! (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: "What makes you think I'd ever want you again?"

No comments: