Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Scroll down for Who Used To Own It? Round Five!

I hope one and all had a mirthful April Fools Day. I would love to prank people on April Fools Day, but I simply don't have the knack. I am, however, extremely gullible, falling completely for everyone else's pranks; so, the day is far from wasted and always good for a ton of laughs.

The best pranks of which I am aware are Senator Clinton challenging Senator Obama to settle the Democratic nomination through a winner-take-all bowling match and Pardon the Interruption's report of the N.C.A.A. ordering the last sixteen seconds of Kansas's win over Davidson to be replayed. Good stuff all around, and who knew Hillary Clinton even had a sense of humor?

Project TROIKA
I checked two more books out of the library on my way more this afternoon, bringing the total to five. Or really, only four, since one is a replacement for another that proved unsatisfactory. In the words of the M.C. Bat Commander, commander of The Aquabats!, "There's so much to learn!"

The Victors
The valiant Wolverines are back in the Frozen Four after far too long an absence. And set for battle against the vile Fighting Irish, who did us the kind service of eliminated the dastardly Spartans in the round of eight. Bog, I hope these games will actually be on television; I had to read about Michigan's victories over Niagara (5-1) and Clarkson (2-0) on ye olde internet. It's uncivilized, I tells ya!

Go Blue!

Project OSPREY: The Last Angry Bracket
2-5-1 on Thursday and Friday, including the damnable loss of my last standing Final Four team, Villanova. Bloody Jayhawk scoundrels! 0-2-2 on Saturday and Sunday. I had both North Carolina and U.C.L.A. in the great eight (which I prefer over "elite eight"), where I predicted they'd fall to Tennessee and Duke, respectively. I was wrong about all four participants in the Kansas-Davidson (Villanova-Georgetown) and Memphis-Texas (Pitt-Stanford) games. A grim 2-7-3 for the second weekend, 29-18-1 through the first weekend, and a shabby 31-25-4 thus far. Three games left, all of which will register as ties. My overall record for the 2008 N.C.A.A. Men's Basketball Tournament will be 31-25-7, thirty-one correct and thirty-two to varying degrees of incorrectness. By Lucifer's beard!

On my bracket, which I clipped from the newspaper, my predictions are written in black ink, the actual results in blue. The key reads "MW" in black and "Reality" in blue. Reality bites.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Tally Hall, "Good Day" via iTunes (The Sardine)

Commentary: Though not standard practice for individually acquired songs, I must mention the completely awesome title of Tally Hall's album, Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum! Wicked cool.

No comments: