Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Explorers Club
No. CXIX - The disappearance of Judge Joseph Force Crater, the "Missingest Man in New York."






Judge Crater, please call your office.

Atlanticism
For the most part, I welcome France's full return to the fold: N.A.T.O.link. But, I must confess that a part of me wishes those blighters had never been permitted to partially reenter N.A.T.O. in '92, but instead had been full expelled once the Soviet sword of Damocles loomed no more above the West's head. Fortunately for all involved, my id does not make such delicate foreign policy decisions; so, I welcome the (Fifth) French Republic back into full membership in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, a tremendous force for good in this woeful world.

A warm welcome for Sarko l'Américain.




The other day, I saw a man sporting an Anthony Eden hat. Neat! Alas, the remainder of his wardrobe was composed of a T-shirt, windbreaker, and jeans. My style of dress is itself habitually slovenly; so, no criticism of his outfit per se, I am simply puzzled as to why he would choose to wear his Anthony Eden atop that particular ensemble. I have a trilby of which I am quite fond, but would scarcely pair it with anything but an appropriately hued jacket and tie.

I dress like a typical American, but I have aspirations.

The Victors: Project OSPREY
Big Ten Tournament, 2nd Round
Illinois 60-50 Michigan
(20-13, 10-10 Big Ten)

Drat. Due to capricious Fortune's influence upon bad timing, I was unable to pay any attention to yesterday's contest. There's naught for it now but to wait for the N.C.A.A. brackets to be announced, to see if the long drought is ended. Hey, at the very least, 'tis another twenty-win season for Coach Beilein's impressive résumé, which is great since I believe in John Beilein. Keep your fingers crossed, but remember that no matter what happens, it's always great to be a Michigan Wolverine.

Go Blue!

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, "Hell of a Hat" (live) from Live From the Middle East (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: "That's a hell of a hat that you're wearing."

No comments: