Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Obamboozled
Less than a fortnight shy of the seventieth anniversary of Nazi Germany's invasion of Czechoslovakia, President Obama has shown how well he has taken the lessons of history by announcing a Chamberlain-esque bid to simultaneously appease both the Russian Federation and the Islamic Republic of Iran: kowtowlink. Yes, Mr. President, because aggressive powers and perennial bad actors like Moscow and Tehran have such a long track record of backing down in the face of weakness. Across the world we are being challenged, and uniformly we are retreating. The guiding principle of our new foreign policy seems to be "defeat at any cost." Our charlatan president's reckless naïveté would be hilarious were it not guaranteed to lead to the deaths of so many innocent Americans and Israelis. I hope all of you who voted for Mr. Obama have plenty of soap handy to tackle all the blood you'll sooner or later have on your hands.

Enjoying the parade of horrors so far?

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
They Might Be Giants, "Why Does the Sun Shine? (The Sun is a Mass of Incandescent Gas)" (live) from Severe Tire Damage (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary:

"The Sun is a mass
Of incandescent gas,
A gigantic nuclear furnace,
Where hydrogen is built
Into helium
At a temperature of
Millions of degrees!"

The days have been unusually sunny these past few weeks. I wonder if 'tis retribution for a day two or three weeks hence when I was seized by maniacal glee at the gray sky and icy, cutting wind and actually mocked the Sun. There I stood, my ears burning from the cold, and I raised a first toward the dull globe vaguely perceptible through the clouds and barked, "Ha! Not so big now, are ya? Ha ha ha ha ha!" I actually laughed at the Sun. Time has come to pay the piper, I fear, and yet I apologize for nothing. The Accursed Sun is my foe, and I shall take every chance to strike at it, by whatsoever means at my disposal.

Why does the Sun shine? Because I haven't figured out how to kill it yet.

No comments: