Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Obamboozled
If you honestly believe that President Obama will defy the Democratic leadership in Congress and his own supporters in the militantly anti-child teachers unions to push through genuine and efficacious educational reform, I have a special offer I would like to extend: I own a moderately famous bridge connecting the island of Manhattan to that part of Long Island known as Brooklyn, and for a limited time only I am willing to sell it to you well below market value. Educationlink.

Don't be absurd, I don't own the Brooklyn Bridge. Only a charlatan would claim that!



I own the Manhattan Bridge.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Attention, "Wish I Never Knew You" from Attention (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Years ago, my erstwhile chum The Plate and I saw Attention at The Shelter, the basement of Saint Andrew's Hall in sacred Detroit. After the show we were talking to the lead singer, complimenting the front man on the show and his music, when suddenly he brushed us off saying, and here I must paraphrase, "Hey, thanks, guys, but I'm going to go hit on those hot girls over there." I respect a forthright fellow, and in his shoes I'd have been far less patient to start the night's real work.

No comments: