Thursday, March 12, 2009

What's Eating The Last Angry Man?
I opened up a Jones Cream Soda this evening and the fortune under the cap read, "Be an angel. Save a life." A laudable sentiment and one I applaud, but I am well beyond sick and tired of explicitly God-fearing locution being hi-jacked for entirely secular purposes. An angel is not a person who does right by another, an angel is an infinitesimal portion of the divine, a very real celestial being of singular purpose and unfathomable might. So, the good people at Jones have twice irked me, once for joining the broad-ranging to misappropriate religious words to the point that they lose all meaning, and twice for exercising poor diction.

Or course, Jones has never been the same since they turned their anti-scientific dissembling about high-fructose corn syrup, inverted cane sugar, and the "pure cane soda" nonsense.

On the plus side, this particular bottles sports a picture of Chris Chelios and a squiggle that I believe is meant to represent his signature.

The Victors: Project OSPREY
Michigan 73-45 Iowa
Big Ten Tournament, 1st Round

Boy howdy, I wish I'd been able to see the game between the valiant Wolverines and the tenacious Hawkeyes. Stupid real life always intruding upon the superior unreality of sport. Anywho (or anyhoo), here's the scoop: scooplink. Bring on the craven Fighting Illini!

Go Blue!

Project TRITON
The work continues apace, though there is currently a pause as I mull a wholesale reinvention of the high concept, proposed by my trusty partner K. Steeze. Mulling, mulling, mulling.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Avril Lavigne, "Hot" from The Best Damn Thing (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Full-scale commencement of Project PANDORA is still contingent upon the further progress of Operation ÖSTERREICH, but I am flesh and blood and not immune from fleeting infatuations. I shall call her… The Dentist. (Not my dentist, mind you.)

No comments: