Thursday, June 7, 2012

Objective SCHWEDEN
The last two days I've encountered long lines of a elementary school-aged children under massed adult supervision along the course of my daily constitutional, yesterday as they prepared to cross South Saginaw Street, presumably on their way to Roll(er)haven. I veered off the sidewalk onto the grass, wanting to give the Kinder as wide a berth as possible. Today, I reached the turnaround point of the course just as a Township prowl car arrived to block-off traffic for the return journey across Saginaw, presumably coming from Roll(er)haven back to McGrath Elementary. I don't mind seeing people in the course of my daily constitutional, be they fellow exercisers or my neighbors going about their business in their yards & garages, but I'm keen not to encounter such a gaggle of children again.

I broke out into a run during today's constitutional. It was the most natural thing in the world as I made my way down the small slope, & I pushed on once the sidewalk was again level. I felt great & immediately set myself a distant endpoint at which to return to my normal pace. I flew effortlessly for longer than I'd have supposed, but the jaunt was taking a toll before much farther. I pushed myself to maintain the ill-advised pace to the designated point, even as part of my mind screamed that that endpoint was arbitrary & had been set under a foolish euphoria. I paid that voice no heed. My time for the whole course was a minute faster than my personal best, but that means nothing since the run nullified the results. I have no hard data to back up my impression, but I think I was walking more slowly after the run than I had been before, further scuppering the new personal best. Still, I don't really mind that I gave myself over to the moment, not as long as it doesn't become a pattern. I've been debating if I should focus on distance or speed, concentrating on walking my circuit twice or devoting some portion of the course to running. I don't know what finally bearing today's dash will have on the continuing program.

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day
Sleeper Agent, "Get It Daddy" via iTunes, (free) Single of the Week (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: The title should read "Get It, Daddy" or "Get-It Daddy," either being grammatically correct in the right context.

Mittwoch, 6 Juni
"Weird Al" Yankovic, "Bohemian Polka" from Alapalooza (T.L.A.M.)

No comments: