Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Project GLOWWORM
For the past fortnight I've been shaving my cheeks daily & so far it's worked out like gangbusters! The shaving itself is virtually painless, as opposed to the irksome tugs & pulls of the old every-second-or-third-day shave routine. Also, the too-few-to-be-useful cheek hairs now never ensnare the wayward moustache hair, improving the presentation of the flying wings, the handlebars.

Two opposing phenomena seem to be occurring. The hairs of the handlebars are getting long & wild, to the point that I've concluded I need to experiment with moustache wax for the first time since the Magnificent Moustache Malarkey back in '10. I've not yet done so, in part because I've not used my present tube of wax in two years & don't know if it's still good. At the same time, it looks like I've hit a wall in the quest to see how large a moustache I can sport; I fear that I've encountered the limit of my upper-lip whiskers, the longest they'll grow before they go rogue, bending in odd places & becoming generally unruly. I might be incapable of growing a competition-level moustache; such was never my aim, but it would be nice to have the option.

Last week, a grocery-store cashier, a mountain of a man with a curiously high voice, akin to Mike Tyson's, asked if I waxed my moustache, saying that if I did then I'd have a proper hipster moustache. We're trying to have a society here & unspeakable violence against his person would have been completely unacceptable. I'm reading a novel, Lush Life, set amidst the hipster colony of New York City's Lower East Side; I admit that I might well be a little extra sensitive at the moment.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Neil Patrick Harris, "My Freeze Ray" from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog: Soundtrack from the Motion Picture (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: "With my freeze ray I will stop… the pain."

No comments: