Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Rebel Black Dot Party Song of the Day
Fountains of Wayne, "Janice's Party" from Out-of-State Plates (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Standard Secret Base practice used to be to specify whether a song came from Disc One or Disc Two of Out-of-State Plates & similar double albums/collections, though this has ceased. I see no reason beyond pedantry to specify from which disc a particular song hails unless that listing provides additional entertainment value, as in the case of the two discs of the Reel Big Fish's double live album, Our Live Album Is Better Than Your Live Album, both of which are separately subtitled, in the R.B.F.'s inimitable style.

"Well, I came this far and
Now I know that I won't sleep well tonight,
Drunk out of my mind at
Janice's party's alright, alright…"

No comments: