Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Victors | Urbi et Orbi

As I was leaving Mass last Sunday, a brother Knight pulled alongside the Lumi in his truck & said out the window, "This is all I have to say on the subject: Go Irish!" Surmising that he was referring to this Saturday's nighttime game 'twixt the vile Fighting Irish of the University of Notre Dame & the valiant Wolverines of the University of Michigan, I replied, "I must respectfully disagree. Go Blue!" It is a source of recurrent consternation to me, the sheepish devotion so many Midwestern Catholics still owe to Notre Dame, even at this late date, as if that wretched hive of scum & villainy wasn't in perpetual open revolt against Holy Mother Church & the teachings of the Christ Himself. The University of Michigan is a godless institution where Marxists are accorded respect & every religion is to be insulted & dismissed as superstition (except, of course, Islam), but it does not pretend to be otherwise. Better an honest agnostic, I say, than a false Christian.

Go Blue!

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Jeff Landau, "Work and Satisfaction" from the Let Alone/Much Less E.P.s (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: An acquaintance (a friend of a friend) from the halcyon days in Ann Arbor, Jeff "The Landau System" Landau released two E.P.s, titled Let Alone & Much Less. The pickle is that when I ripped them into my iTunes library I did so under the combined title Let Alone / Much Less, so I don't rightly know which E.P. "Work and Satisfaction" is on. Thus, to-day's inexact attribution.

"It seems so simple, but
It's so hard to do, I've found,
Can I find work and satisfaction,
Not either/or?
Can I find work and satisfaction,
Not either/or?"

No comments: