Thursday, January 15, 2015

Project BLACK MAMBA

Today we remember Saint Paul the First Hermit (c. 230-c. 343, A.K.A. Paul the Anchorite or Paul of Thebes): Saint-link Unus, Saint-link Duo, & Wikipedia-link.

Scripture of the Day
Personal Reading
The Gospel according to John, chapter eleven.

Commentary: I am struggling with the Gospel of John much more than I did with Mark, Matthew, & Luke combined. I do not contend against the validity of John & shall explain my difficulty by quoting from same, chapter six, verse sixty (John, 6:60): "Then many of his disciples who were listening said, 'This saying is hard; who can accept it?'" John is true, but hard—hard to "accept" in the sense of confidence in one's comprehension of the text to the same degree that one did the synoptic trio.

Mass Readings
The Epistle to the Hebrews, chapter three, verses seven thru fourteen;
Psalm Ninety-five, verses, X;
The Gospel according to Mark, chapter one, verses forty thru forty-five.

Commentary: My Bible features subheadings describing the various component stories that comprise each chapter. Apropos of yesterday's mention of a recent appreciation for/rejoicing in those who minister to lepers, today's Gospel reading, Mark, 1:40-45, is titled "The Cleansing of a Leper."

The Rebel Black Dot Taylor Swift Song of the Day
Taylor Swift, "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" from Red (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I've never been in an on again/off again relationship, which frankly has never made a lick of sense to me, neither as I have witnessed amongst my kith & kin nor as represented in fiction. Why suffer such idiocy? This is part of why I have a strict rule: once I've dated a girl, I will never again be "friends" with her, the better to forestall any chance of initiating a cycle of getting back together, breaking up again, & on & on ad nauseam.

No comments: