Wednesday, October 12, 2016

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day

Less Than Jake, "Overrated (Everything Is)" from In with the Out Crowd (The Last Angry Man)

Skammentary: I awoke this morning, from last night's outrage/disappointment, with "Overrated" running through my head. The R.B.D.S.O.T.D.—it's just that easy!
"Maybe I'm jaded and bored,
Always lookin' for more,
Waitin' 'round for the next big fix, I know.
I'm a wreck, I'm a mess,
But I couldn't care less,
Don't know what it would take to change me.

"Everybody's so afraid to be different,
Please excuse me now if I don't get it.

"Having sex is overrated;
So is always getting wasted;
Designer drugs and dead-end jobs,
And classic rock is so outdated,
I'm so sick of therapy;
And all the things it's done to me.
How can I be satisfied
When everything is overrated?

"Maybe the problem is me,
But I won't make believe,
And I can't take this mediocrity.
What if this is a test,
And I deserve what I get?
Will I wake up with all the answers?

"Everybody's too afraid to be different,
Please excuse me now if I don't listen.

"Having sex is overrated, etc.…

"Having sex is overrated;
So is always getting wasted.
All my friends and family,
They make my life so complicated.
I'm so sick of apathy
And T.V. show reality.
How can I be satisfied
When everything is overrated?…"

No comments: