Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Operation ÖSTERREICH

The Long Road Back | Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea máxima culpa!

Weekly Wednesday Weigh-in
Last weigh-in: 325.6 lbs. (Wednesday, 26 September)
Next weigh-in: 327.6 lbs. (Wednesday, 10 October)
Next weigh-in: 326.2 lbs. (Wednesday, 24 October)
Next weigh-in: 329.6 lbs. (Wednesday, 31 October)
This weigh-in: 330.6 lbs.
Difference: +5.0 lbs.

In the last six week, during which, according to the schedule, I should have lost twelve pounds (12 lbs.), I instead gained five pounds (5 lbs.); if one is inclined to view this debacle as darkly as possible (as I am), one could say that I've actually gained seventeen pounds, in that I weight seventeen pounds more than I "should" at this juncture. Having finally dropped below the psychologically profound three hundred thirty-pound line (<300 lbs.), I'm now back above it. There's been a lot of stress eating over those six weeks. There's a lot of catch-as-catch-can/disrupted schedule eating over those six weeks. But at the end of the day, there will always be stress. After the last six weeks, I have to accept that my precious routine will always suffer the lings & arrows of outrageous fortune. If I am to achieve my goals, I cannot persist in allowing those things to derail ÖSTERREICH. Do you want to lose the weight, a necessary condition of being admitted to the seminary in order toe pursue your vocation, or do you not? If you do, suck it up, Buttercup. If not—
Bonus! Lied von ÖSTERREICH
"Weird Al" Yankovic, "Fat" from Even Worse (The Last Angry Honey Badger)

Commentary:
"Don't you call me pudgy, portly, or stout,
Just tell me once again, who's fat?…"

No comments: