Saturday, June 8, 2019

The Queue: Quadragesima + Pascha Postmortem

I greatly enjoyed Dr. Edward Sri's No Greater Love video study, which I facilitated in the parish. I greatly enjoyed the start I made in the companion book, & I think reading it would have enhanced my Lent, especially my experience of the Lord's Passion. I may make the book & video series of No Greater Love a Lenten tradition.

Finishing No Greater Love won't close the book on my disastrous Lenten reading, but for the moment I'm going to set aside Dr. Scott Hahn's A Father Who Keeps His Promises in favor of Hundredfold: A Guide to Parish Vocation Ministry. I love reading the sacred Scriptures & reading about the sacred Scriptures, but right now Hundredfold speaks more to where the Lord seems to be calling my heart.

Recently
Theresa Aletheia Noble, F.S.P., Remember Your Death: Memento Mori Lenten Devotional
Jacques Philippe, In the School of the Holy Spirit
C. S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Currently
Edward Sri, No Greater Love: A Biblical Walk through Christ's Passion

Perpetually
Norman Davies, Vanished Kingdoms: The Rise and Fall of States and Nations

Presently
Rhonda Gruenewald, Hundredfold: A Guide to Parish Vocation Ministry
Dom Jean-Baptiste Chautard, Spiritual Handbook for Catholic Evangelists: How to Win Souls without Losing Your Own
Robert Barron, Letter to a Suffering Church: A Bishop Speaks on the Sexual Abuse Crisis
Scott Hahn, A Father Who Keeps His Promises: God's Covenant Love in Scripture
Tim Gray & Jeff Cavins, Walking with God: A Journey through the BibleSteve Weidenkopf, Timeless: A History of the Catholic Church
Diane Moczar, Converts and Kingdoms: How the Church Converted the Pagan West—and How We Can Do It Again
Sherry A. Weddell, Forming Intentional Disciples: The Path to Knowing and Following Jesus
Curtis Martin, Making Missionary Disciples
Dynamic Catholic Ambassadors, Why I Love Being Catholic
Robert Barron, Seeds of the Word: Finding God in the Culture
Mike Aquilina, Understanding the Mass: 100 Questions, 100 Answers
Xavier Rynne, Vatican Council II
John W. O'Malley, What Happened at Vatican II
Pope Benedict XVI, Deus Caritas Est (God Is Love)
Pope Benedict XVI, Sacramentum Caritatis (The Sacrament of Charity)
Rosario Carello, Pope Francis Takes the Bus and Other Unexpected Stories
Mathias D. Thelen, Biblical Foundations for the Role of Healing in Evangelization
Jennifer Fulwiler, Something Other than God: How I Passionately Sought Happiness and Accidentally Found It
Richard Price, Clockers
Sir Richard Francis Burton, translator, "Sinbad the Sailor" from The Arabian Nights
Sir Ernest Shackleton, South: A Memoir of the Endurance Voyage
William F. Buckley Jr., The Unmaking of a Mayor
John le Carré, A Legacy of Spies

No comments: