Monday, March 9, 2020

The Rebel Black Dot Exodus 90 Song o' the Day

The Interrupters, "Last Call" from The Interrupters (Rude Boy St. Mike Papa Whiskey)

Skammentary: One of the Exodus 90 disciplines is "Abstain from alcohol." There's no wiggle room in those three words. On Sunday, my K. of C. council wrapped up hosting the K. of C. State Bowling Tournament, five weekends' worth of constant work plus months of preparation. The brothers had a celebratory drink after it was all over, & I had to decline. Of course, dying to self is not supposed to be fun, but in this instance I'm asking if perhaps the disciplines are self-defeating at this point in my spiritual pilgrimage, because they forced me to forego a moment of genuine fraternity. I am abundantly, extravagantly blessed, because as much as I cherish my Exodus 90 fraternity, it is far from the only fraternity in my life.

No comments: