Sunday, March 1, 2020

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Lord's Day: I Lent

Guster, "Eden" from Parachute (St. Mike Papa Whiskey)

Commentary: All the pain, all the misery, all the stupidity, it all traces it's root back to selfishness, to Adam & Eve's betrayal in Eden. The Lord God is complete self-gift, so much so that though He needs nothing from us, that we can neither add to nor detract from His glory & perfection, He took upon Himself our frailty, allowed our rage & our fury to pierce His Most Sacred Heart, & died so that we might live. Why are we, like our First Parents, so reluctant to believe in the Lord's goodness?
"All I want is the world
And everything for me…

"Oh, it took me a long time to come to this
And I have chosen my path:
I am only for me.

"All my dreams are so closed,
If I open them to you
You can count them all as lies,
You can believe me or you can believe the truth…

"Oh, it took me a long time to come to this,
Oh, it took me a long time
I am only for me…"

No comments: