Saturday, July 2, 2022

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day

Less Than Jake, "Bad Scene and a Basement Show" from Borders & Boundaries (Rude Boy Mike Papa Whiskey)

Skammentary:
"Well, the scene here, he wants her back.
He's trying to use the phone:
She's hanging up, he's giving up.
He should have known.
Looking lost, then he wanders off
And tries to sing along
To some song he's never heard,
But just keeps mouthing all the words.

"It gets worse before it's all over,
I know I'll get through this somehow,
It gets worse before it's all over,
Nothing's gonna change her mind for now…

"Feeling useless, out of excuses,
Should have known to let it go.
She said it's done,
Second chances seem to never come…

"After all the bad endings and misunderstandings,
All of the late nights and last hopes and lost time,
All that she left me was only a memory,
And all I can say is: She don't understand me…"

No comments: