Saturday, July 23, 2022

The Rebel Black Dot Songs o' Today

Matt Redman, "10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord)" from 10,000 Reasons (Mike Papa Whiskey)

&

Sufjan Stevens, "Flint (For the Unemployed and Underpaid)" from Sufjan Stevens Presents… Greetings from Michigan, the Great Lake State (Mike Papa Whiskey)

Commentary: I spend the late morning into the early afternoon standing at the corner of Franklin & Delaware in Flint, passing out fliers for Praise Fest, at event going on right behind me on the campus of Saint Mary Oratory, a church of the Catholic Community of Flint. As I baked in the noontime sun, exiled for some offense that was never explained to me, I encountered many things, including innumerable cars that reeked of marijuana & a van with a live monkey perched on the dashboard.

No comments: