Wednesday, April 24, 2024

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day: SKApril XIV

Brad Pittance & the Pirates, "Always the Last One to Know" from the Love, Lust, & Skadust E.P. (Rude Boy Mike Papa Whiskey)

Skammentary: Arr, mateys, it warms me heart to know that fourth-wave ska retains the third-wave's cynicism toward romantic love.
"I met you on Sunday,
I called you on Monday,
It thrilled me to bits
When you cooked us fish and chips
On Tuesday, I called you on Wednesday,
You said, 'Let's just be friends.'
I called you on Thursday,
You didn't answer the phone.

"I don't know where this is going,
But I love you so!
I don't know where this is going,
I'm always the last one to know.

"Friday you answered my call,
I said, 'You're not much of a talker.'
It upset me a bit,
You asked if I was a stalker.
So then I asked if I could see you
Over the weekend,
You said you're far too busy
Going out with your friends…"

No comments: